Welcome to the Detroitisit Community Guidelines
In order to create the best possible experience for everyone, we request that you abide by these Detroitisit Community Guidelines, our core code of conduct, in all of your activities on our website, located at https://detroitisit.com/ and all subdomains thereof (the “Site”) or any services, features, applications, or widgets offered by, through, or as part of the Site (the “Services”). When you contribute, upload or otherwise provide user-generated content (“User Content”) to the Site and our Services, you are responsible for all of your activity in connection with the Site and Services and agree to comply with the following Community Guidelines.
- User Content must be yours. All User Content must be original with you, not copied from someone else’s work, and you must have all rights in the User Content; OR, all persons who contributed in any way or have any rights to your User Content or otherwise appear in the User Content have given you permission to upload and distribute the User Content on the Site and elsewhere.
- Don’t upload third party materials. Your User Content should not contain any visible logos, phrases or trademarks or other third-party materials. Do not use any User Content that belongs to other people and pass it off as your own. This includes any content that you might have found elsewhere on the Internet.
- No pictures or images of anyone but you and your friends and family. If you choose to upload photos to the Site, link to embedded videos, or include other images of real people, make sure they are of you or of you and someone you know but only with their express permission to post it.
- Don’t share other people’s personal information. Your User Content may not reveal another person’s address, phone number, e-mail address, passwords, credit card number or any information that may be used to track, contact, or impersonate that individual or that is extremely personal in nature.
- No music please. Your User Content may not contain any music unless the work and performance is original with you and/or you have all rights to the musical work (including any performances). No jingles, sampling or otherwise.
- Please follow codes of social decency. Do not harass, abuse, stalk or threaten another user. If you disagree with someone, respond to the subject and not to the person. Be respectful of others’ opinions and comments so we can continue to build a community for everyone to enjoy. Your User Content may not include any negative comments that are connected to race, national origin, sexual preference or physical handicap or that are defamatory, slanderous or pornographic. Any unacceptable content (including but not limited to posts, user names, or subject lines) will be deleted.
- Do not use the Site or Services for commercial purposes. Your User Content may not advertise or promote a product or service except those provided on the Site or Services. You may not use your User Content to raise money for anyone or any business or organization without prior Detroitisit agreement and approval.
- Be honest and do not misrepresent yourself or your User Content. Do not impersonate any other person, user or company or upload or post User Content that you know is false, fraudulent, deceptive, inaccurate, misleading or that misrepresents your identity or affiliation with a person or company.
- Do not upload User Content that is illegal. We have zero tolerance for illegal activity on the Site or Services. Your User Content may not promote any illegal activity. If someone could go to jail for taking action suggested by your User Content, don’t upload or post it. Your User Content may not promote violence or describe how to perform a violent act. If you do upload or post User Content that is illegal or in violation of applicable law, we reserve the right to take action that we deem appropriate, in our sole discretion, including reporting you to the proper governmental authorities.
- Public forum. We hope that you will use the Community Forums to exchange information and content and have discussions with other members. However, please remember that the Community is a public forum and User Content that you post on the Community Forum will be accessible and viewable by other users.
- Don’t damage the Sites or anyone’s computers. User Content may not contain viruses, spyware or any other technologies that could impact the operation of the Sites or any computer system.
- Be good. Do good and love your neighbors.