Welcome and thank you for your interest in Detroitisit. Detroitisit provides a creative and informative way for you to communicate, learn about and share stories while building a community rich sharing and communications platform for Detroit.
- This applies to your information collected by Detroitisit, LLC (collectively, “DII”) on our website, located at https://detroitisit.com/ and all subdomains thereof (the “Site”) or any services, features, applications, or widgets offered by, through, or as part of the Site (the “Services”).
- DII works with network advertisers, ad agencies, partners and vendors to host and serve ads on DII and third party web sites. We also use analytics providers to provide us with information regarding use of the sites and the effectiveness of our advertisements. You may see third party ads on the site. Such companies may collect certain information about your visits to our site in connection with serving advertisements and providing us with analytics information to best serve the audiences. Please remember, if you participate in community forums and other social networking features on the site, your information may be made public.
- We take your privacy seriously and make it a priority to protect personally identifiable information that we obtain from and about our users.
1. USAGE INFORMATION
Information you provide us directly:
- The Site or Services may ask you to voluntarily provide Personally Identifiable Information, which is information that could be used to identify you as a specific individual, such as your name or e-mail address, demographic information (your gender, ZIP code), phone number, shipping address, and billing information, or certain information about your age, gender, hobbies or interests. The Site or Services may collect Personal Information and other information about you at various places and forms on the Site, including registration forms, when you submit a question to us, when you enter a sweepstakes or contest, complete a survey, participate in our social networking features, subscribe to receive newsletters, promotional correspondence, or send us an email or feedback.
- You may participate by submitting comments, ideas, reviews, suggestions and other content (“User Content”) to the Site or Services and post your User Content publicly on message boards, chat rooms, and other public areas (collectively, “Community Forums”).
Also, if you choose to “like” content on the Site, to tweet from the Site or to otherwise post information from or via the Site or Services to a third party web site, feature or application, that information may be public and the third party may have access to information about you and your use of our Site or Services.
- If you send someone else a communication from the Site or Services, such as sending a video to a friend, the information you provide (names, e-mail addresses, etc.) is used on a one-time basis to facilitate the communication and is not used for any other marketing purpose.
Information we collect:
- We, as well as any third-party advertisers, service providers and content providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect certain Site usage information whenever you visit or interact with us or our content found elsewhere on the internet (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include browser type, operating system, all of the areas within our Sites or Services that you visit, including content that you browse, and the time of day, among other information. We may use Usage Information for a variety of purposes, including to enhance or otherwise improve the Site or Services.
- We collect your IP address or other unique identifiers (“Device Identifier”) for the particular device you use to access the Sites. A Device Identifier is a number that is assigned to your computer, mobile phone, or other device used to access the Site or Services and our servers identify your device by its Device Identifier. Some mobile service providers may also provide us or our third party service providers with information regarding the physical location of the device used to access our Site or Services. Usage Information is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with you as a specific and identifiable person, we treat it as Personal Information.
- Location Information, we may, and may enable our advertisers to, collect your location via digital applications, wireless access protocol services (“WAP Services”) or mobile phone service (“Mobile Services”). We, or the service provider, will inform you of such collection at the time you use the service. By using such services, you hereby consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your location information as described.
The methods we use to collect Usage Information:
- DII (or third party service providers on our behalf) may set and access cookies and similar technologies on your computer. A cookie is a small amount of data (often including a unique identifier), which is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Some of our cookies may be local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies. Cookies may be session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them).
- Use of “clear GIFs” (aka “web beacons” or “pixel tags”) or similar technologies, in The Site and in our communications with you may enable us to know whether you have visited a web page or received a message. A clear GIF is typically a one-pixel, transparent image (although it can be a visible image), located on a web page or in an e-mail or other type of message, which is retrieved from a remote site on the Internet enabling the verification of an individual’s viewing or receipt of a web page or message. A clear GIF may enable us to relate your viewing or receipt of a web page or message to other information about you, including your Personally Identifiable Information.
- Your Internet Protocol (“IP“) address is usually associated with the place from which you enter the Internet, your company or your organization. Our server may also record the referring page that linked you to us (e.g., another website or a search engine); the pages you visit on the Site, the websites you visit after Site; the ads you see; the ads you click on; other information about the type of web browser, computer, platform, related software and settings you are using; any search terms you have entered on this web site or a referral site; and other web usage activity and data logged by our web servers. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers, gather broad demographic information, and administer the Site. We may also link this information with your Personally Identifiable Information when we feel that it is necessary to enforce compliance with our rules and policies or terms of service or to protect the Site, customers or Partners.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may combine and use any and all information we collect on you either online or otherwise, including from third parties, for marketing purposes which support some of the following initiatives:
- You may choose to participate in a third party application or feature on our Site (such as posting to your page on a third party service or otherwise linking the Site with another web site or interactive service) or on a third party website or service (such as our Facebook application or a similar application or feature on a third party web site or service) through which you post content or allow us to collect (or the third party to share) information about you, including Personal Information.
- We also use your information to identify you as a user, improve our Site or Services, send you administrative notifications, and respond to your inquiries. We might also send out e-mails to users and sweepstakes, contest, competition entrants to announce special offers, services and announcements from our Site or Services, our partners and/or our advertisers.
- In addition, we may use information you provide us through emails, Q&A, blogs, forums, in response to polls, or through any other user generated submission for editorial purposes, and may use your name and any stories you provide us in published articles. We can edit, rewrite, use, and reuse the content, including your name, likeness, photograph, and biographical information you provide, with or without attribution, including publication in the Site or Services, in trade media, and advertising.
- The Site or Services may contain content that is hosted and served by third parties, which may include third party widgets (such as those that allow you to share content with third party web sites and online services). The Site or Services may also contain links to other third party web sites that DII does not control. In addition, DII widgets may be included on web pages and web sites that are not associated with us, and over which we have no control. These third parties may collect information about you through the use of their own cookies and web beacons, may independently collect data or solicit Personal Information, and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. DII is not responsible for the privacy practices employed by any third party
- Video Services. We may offer you access to video content as a paid subscription service or via a registration process for specific content (“Video Services”). As a condition of becoming a subscriber or a registrant, you grant your consent to allow us to share information about the content you have viewed to third parties in order to provide you with the service, for our and others’ marketing purposes and to help you inform others about your experiences on social media services such as Facebook and Twitter. If you no longer wish us to share information about what you have watched on our service, you can cancel your subscription at any time (in the case of subscription services) or ask that your information not be shared (in the case of registration services).
- We may offer sweepstakes, contests, competition, perks, experiences, services and other promotions (an “Activation”) that may require registration. By participating in an Activation, you are agreeing to the terms, conditions or official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of the Activation to use your name, voice, likeness or other indicia of persona in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. If you choose to enter an Activation, Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winners list. You may have entered a contest or sweepstakes sponsored by a third party, in which case the information you provide via the contest or sweepstakes may be shared by us with that third party for their use in their discretion, including direct marketing. The privacy policies of such third party companies apply to their use and disclosure of your information that we collect and disclose to such third party companies.
- DII may share Personal Information with its subsidiaries and affiliates for internal business reasons. DII also reserves the right to disclose and transfer all information related to the Site or Services, including Personal Information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Site or component of the Site, such as a database; or (ii) during the course of any due diligence process.
3. YOUR RIGHT TO OPT OUT
You may cancel or modify or opt out your subscriptions to e-mails you have elected to receive from the Site or Service by following the instructions contained within an e-mail you receive from the Site.
4. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Protecting the privacy of children is important to us. DII is a general audience web site and we do not knowingly collect or solicit any Personal Information from children younger than the age of thirteen (13).
5. CALIFORNIA AND CANADIAN USERS: YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California’s “Shine the Light” law, Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about the businesses’ practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Alternatively, such businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose personal information of customers to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes if the customer has exercised an option to opt-out of such information sharing. If you wish to find out about any rights you may have under California Civil Code section 1798.83, you may notify us by contacting us www.detroitisit.com. In the case of marketing via Video Services, please refer to the customer service contact set forth at section 4(e) above. Canadian residents also have certain rights to know how their information may be shared with third parties who engage in direct marketing activities. Again, Sections 4(d) and 5(d) explain our practices and how you can opt-out of having your information shared for such purposes, in accordance with such laws. Forthe avoidance of doubt, these opt-out options are available for all users and are not limited to Californian and Canadian users.
Non-U.S. Users. If you are located outside of the United States, please note that the information you provide to us will be transferred to and processed in the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personally Identifiable Information may be less stringent than the laws in your country. The Site and Services are hosted in the United States and are intended for visitors located within the United States. If you use the Site or Services from outside the U.S., then you acknowledge that you are transferring your Personal Information outside of your region and into the U.S. for storage and processing.
7. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personally Identifiable Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your registration information. Please do not disclose your registration password to unauthorized people. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while DII uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, DII cannot guarantee its absolute security.