As Michigan moves into the late fall and winter season, COVID-19 cases are rising. In the face of this, the City of Detroit is offering options for free testing at select locations. Residents from Macomb and Oakland are also eligible for low cost or free testing at the Joseph Walker Williams Community Center as part of the Coronavirus Community Care Network.
In a partnership with the State of Michigan, neighborhood testing will be free at the Wayne County Community College District Northwest Campus on select days. The tests are no cost, with no prescription needed and no insurance or ID card required. Residents may register online or over the phone.
Additional locations include:
- Triumph Church at 15801 Joy Rd. Detroit, MI 48228
- Historic King Solomon at 100 14th St, Detroit, MI 48208
- Hartford Memorial Baptist Church at 14000 W. Seven Mile, Detroit, MI 48235
- Southwestern Church of God at 3032 Fort St., Detroit, MI 48217
- The Open Door Church of God in Christ at 12411 E. 7 Mile, Detroit, MI 48205
- Bethel Baptist Church East at 5715 Holcomb St., Detroit, MI 48213
As the state moves into flu season, it’s important to maintain social distancing, mask-wearing and handwashing. While some confusion remains following the Supreme Court ruling in regard to Governor Whitmer’s emergency orders, the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) has ruled that aspects similar to the mask mandate must remain in place.
MDHHS issued an epidemic order mirroring executive orders previously issued to prevent the spread of #COVID19. Learn more about the order with this new infographic: https://t.co/iNaVFvycVf. pic.twitter.com/mlKbXt97l1
— Michigan HHS Dept (@MichiganHHS) October 9, 2020
As the weeks move on, be sure to keep up with the latest news from MDHHS as to where the state stands in the fight against the virus.