Through the numerous executive orders that have been placed in Michigan the last year, it’s hard to keep track of what is and isn’t open in Detroit.
Today, we’re sharing (and clarifying) what’s open if you’re looking to safely get out of the house.
Back in December, Governor Whitmer held a press conference with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services updating its epidemic order, stating MDHHS would allow casinos, bowling centers, and movie theatres to open. Notable to the opening, is the rule that capacity must be capped at 100 and food and drink concessions must stay closed and social distancing must be observed at all times.
On February 1, a new order was put in place, allowing for indoor dining at restaurants with certain requirements, as well as concessions at casinos, movie theaters, and stadiums.
Restaurants and bars are currently able to be open at 25% capacity with up to 100 people, tables must be six feet apart with no more than six people per table and must close by 10 p.m.
For your entertainment and guide as a go-to, here is a list of open casinos, bowling alleys, bars, and restaurants in Detroit.
- Garden Bowl located at 4140 Woodward Ave, Detroit
- Luxury Lanes & Lounge Inc located at 600 E 9 Mile Road, Ferndale
- Mayflower Lanes located at 26600 Plymouth Road, Redford
- Ford Lanes Bowling Center located at 23100 Van Born Road, Dearborn Heights
- Star Lanes at Emagine Royal Oak located at 200 North Main Street, Royal Oak
- Merri-Bowl Lanes located at 3050 Five Mile Road, Livonia
BARS / NIGHTLIFE
- Tin Can located at 47 E Adams Ave St
- Harry’s Detroit Bar & Grill located at 2482 Clifford St
- The Old Shillelagh located at 349 Monroe St
- Bad Luck Bar located at 1218 Griswold St
- Bleu Detroit located at 1540 Woodward Ave
- MGM Detroit located at 1777 3rd Ave, Detroit
- Greektown Casino located at 555 E Lafayette Street, Detroit
- Motor City Casino located at 2901 Grand River Ave
- Bel Air Luxury Cinema located at 10100 E 8 Mile Rd, Detroit, MI
- Emagine Royal Oak located at 200 N Main St, Royal Oak
- Ford Drive-In Theater located at 10400 Ford Rd, Dearborn
- Monroe Street Drive-In located at 32 Monroe St
- Landmark’s Main Art Theatre located at 118 N Main St, Royal Oak
RESTAURANTS OPEN FOR DINE-IN
- Buddy’s Pizza located at 17125 Conant Street
- Chartreuse Kitchen & Cocktails located at 15 E. Kirby Street, Suite D
- Dime Store located at 719 Griswold Street 180
- Folk Detroit located at 1701 Trumbull Ave
- Grey Ghost located at 47 Watson St
- Highlands located at 400 Renaissance Center floor 71
- HopCat located at 4265 Woodward Ave
- Imalocated at 2015 Michigan Ave
- Joe Muer Seafood located at 400 Renaissance Center #1404
- London Chop House located at 155 W. Congress
- Lumen located at 1903 Grand River Ave
- Maru Sushi located at 160 W Fort St
- Ottava Via located at 1400 Michigan Ave
- Parc located at 800 Woodward Ave
- San Morello located at 1400 Woodward Ave
- Savannah Blue located at 1431 Times Square
- Selden Standard located at 3921 2nd Ave
- Slows Bar BQ located at 2138 Michigan Ave
- Smokey G’s Smokehouse located at 2670 Atwater St
- The Apparatus Room located at 250 W Larned St
- Union Street Detroit located at 4145 Woodward Ave
- Vicente’s Cuban Cuisine located at 1250 Library St
Missing your favorite restaurant, movie theater, bar, or bowling alley that is now open in Detroit? Let us know and we will add it to our list! Sign up for the Detroitisit weekly newsletter for the latest on all things Detroit.