Get creative this holiday season and expand your mixologist skills at home. We all need delicious cocktails in hand after the year we have had, so why not try something new? If you’re celebrating the holidays at home, consider adding these ingredients to your shopping list and whipping up these cocktail recipes for your own at home happy hour. Unfortunately, many of us aren’t able to spend the holiday with the ones we love, so pass these recipes along and have a happy hour, holiday cheers or good ole fun via Zoom and make these drinks together.
If you’re a vodka person, check out these delicious recipes from our friends from Belvedere Vodka, a super-premium vodka made with all-natural ingredients (Polish rye, purified water, and fire.) For those who don’t enjoy vodka, we have you covered too! Keep scrolling for cocktail recipes that will be sure to please everyone in your home (or on your Zoom call)!
FOR THE VODKA LOVER
From the new innovative spirit, Heritage 176, a “taste from vodka’s past” that is distilled using a centuries-old malting process to give unexpectedly rich and complex flavors of Polska rye to the Single Estate Rye, a terroir-driven vodka that beautifully illustrates the unique environment the rye is grown in – you can make the perfect at-home-cocktail on your own.
- 2 oz / 60 ml Belvedere Heritage 176
- .5 oz / 5 ml Honey Syrup
- 3 dashes Walnut Bitters
- Lemon Twist
- Stir into a rocks glass over a large chunk of ice or large ice cubes and enjoy!
GRAPEFRUIT CINNAMON SMASH
- 1.5 oz / 45 ml Belvedere Vodka
- 1/4 Ruby Red Grapefruit, Cut Into Chunks
- 2 dashes Ground Cinnamon
- .75 oz / 20 ml Lemon Juice
- .75 oz / 20 ml Simple Syrup
- 2-3 Dashes Bitters
- 2 oz / 60 ml Belvedere Vodka
- .25 oz / 10 ml Dolin Rouge
- 2 Dashes Lavender Bitters
- 2 oz / 60 ml Belvedere Smogóry Forest
- .5 oz / 15 ml Cocchi Torino
- .15 oz / 5 ml Benedictine
- .15 oz / 5 ml Dry Curacao
- 1 Dash Angostura Bitters
- 1 Dash Orange Bitters
ANYTHING BUT VODKA
This Delightful Christmas Punch from Will Cook For Smiles is perfect for all the holiday parties and dinners
- 8oz Pomegranate Seeds
- 2 Oranges
- 1 cup Orange Juice (fresh squeezed if possible)
- 16 oz Pomegranate Juice
- 16 oz 100% Cranberry Juice
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 20 oz Prosecco Sparkling Wine
- 6 oz Rum or Vodka
ADULT HOT CHOCOLATE
“Whip it up, then let it help you wind down – it’s just the thing we all need this time of year,” says The Modern Proper.
- 4 cups Whole Milk
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- ½ Vanilla bean or 1 tsp Vanilla
- 6 oz Dark chocolate
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 4 oz Bourbon
- 2 oz Frangelico
- 2 oz Irish cream
NAUGHTY BUT NICE CHRISTMAS COCKTAIL
From Inspired By Charm, no matter how you make this Christmas cocktail, it’s ends up being a delicious combination of flavors that taste and look perfectly seasonal.
- 4 oz Rye Whiskey, Bourbon, or Vodka
- 2 oz Orange Juice
- 2 oz Ginger Syrup
- 4 oz Cranberry Juice
- 4 oz Club Soda
- Orange Slices and Fresh Cranberries to garnish
- To a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add your liquor choice, orange juice, ginger syrup, and cranberry juice, shake, pour into your garnished glass and enjoy!
POINSETTIA (CRANBERRY CHAMPAGNE) COCKTAIL
A Poinsettia drink is a cranberry champagne cocktail that’s vibrant, refreshing, and great for entertaining. Learn more from A Couple Cooks here.
- 2 tbsp Cointreau, or other orange liqueur
- 4 tbsp 100% Cranberry Juice (unsweetened)
- 1/2 glass Champagne (6 tablespoons)*
- For the garnish: 1 rosemary sprig, whole cranberries